ENGR. GEORGE CHUKWULEWA OKOROMA FNSE, MNIM, JP
At the helm of affairs at GAMBETA GROUPE as the group managing director, Engr. George Chukwulewa Okoroma, a professional par - excellence, a philanthropist and a leader who believes that integrity, honesty and professionalism remains the core value for professional practice in Nigeria. His mission for the industry has never being in doubt as his focus remains to bridge the gap between local companies, best practices and excellence, in Engineering and other essential services, for a sustainable national development.
Engr. George Chukwulewa Okoroma, an indigene of Ormolu, in Rivers state was born on 4th July, 1955.
His academic and professional achievements include the following;
· West African School Certificate (WASCE) - Distinction 1975, - Sancta Maria High School Omoku
· Ordinary Diploma in Technology (ODT) - Merit Civil Engineering - 1978, - College of Science & Technology, Now Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST), Port Harcourt, Rivers State
· Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech), Civil Engineering – 1981, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
· Certified Staadpro Engineer by REI Bentley Systems (UK) Ltd - 2006.
· Certified and registered engineer of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
· Certified and registered engineer of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
Engr. G. C. Okoroma is a prominent and active member and fellow of various professional associations in Nigeria and abroad which includes,
· Fellow Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE),
· Fellow Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (FNICE),
· Fellow Nigerian Institution of Highway Engineers (FNIHE),
· Member Council for Regulation of Engineers Nigeria (COREN),
· Member Association of Consulting Engineers Nigeria (ACEN),
· Member Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) (MNIM),
· Fellow Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC),
· Member Institute of Appraisal & Cost Engineers (MA&CE),
· Member Institute of Safety Professionals (MNISP),
· Member American Society of Civil Engineers (A.M.ASCE),
· Member Institution of Diagnostic Engineers UK (MIDiagE).
· Executive Committee Member FIDIC Group of African Member Associations (GAMA)
SERVICES AND AWARDS
His wealth of experience and contribution to the engineering profession in particular and the built environment industry generally has not gone unnoticed.
· Chairman Building Committee NSE Port Harcourt Branch, 2002-2006,
· Member Engineering Week Committee NSE Port Harcourt Branch, 2003-2006,
· Board Member NSE Port Harcourt Limited (An NSE Port Harcourt Branch Company) 2004-2006,
· Patron Civil Engineering Students Association, (CIVESA - RSUST-PH),
· Chairman International Tours & Industrial Relations Committee, NSE Port Harcourt 2007-2009,
· Member Port Harcourt Chamber Of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture (PHCCIMA),
· Member Greater Port Harcourt Development Committee, Rivers State 2007-2009,
· Member Greater Port Harcourt City Master Plan Presentation Planning Committee,
· Council Member Association Of Consulting Engineers Nigeria (ACEN) 2009-2012 & 2014-2016,
· Pioneer Chairman Nigerian Society Of Engineers, Omoku Branch 2012-2015,
· Member Governing Council Federal College of Education (Technical) Omoku 2013-2015.
· Elected Hon. Treasurer of the Assoc. for Consulting Engineering in Nigeria 2015-2017.
In terms of awards and recognitions, he has received the following;
· Distinguished Service Award by the Civil Engineering Student Association (CIVESA), RSUST PHC,
· Distinguished Service Award NSE Port Harcourt branch 2003,
· Meritorious Service Award NSE Port Harcourt branch 2004,
· Meritorious Service Award Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (NICE) 2004,
· Distinguished Service Award by the Commandant Nigerian Navy Sec. Sch. Borikiri Port Harcourt 2005,
· Distinguished Service Award NSE Port Harcourt branch in 2007,
· Justice of The Peace (JP) by Rivers State Ministry of Justice 2010,
· Distinguished Service Award by Association for Consulting Engineering Nigeria (ACEN) 2013.
· Inducted into the 2015 Construction Industry Hall of Fame by CED Magazine and also presented with a Certificate of Recognition as one of Nigeria’s evergreen built environment professionals by the same organization.
· Presidential Merit Award for Exemplary commitment to the Engineering Profession and support to the Ideals of the Nigerian Society of Engineers in Akure 2015
Under his leadership, Gambeta Nigeria Limited received the following awards;
· Distinguished Active Service Award by NSE Port Harcourt in 2002,
· Distinguished Service Award by Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers (NICE) 2003,
· Award of Excellence by Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers PH Chapter (NICE) 2008,
· Merit Service Award by NSE Port Harcourt Limited 2010.
Engr. G. C. Okoroma has traveled wide across different part of the world for business opportunity and for international conferences. The conference attended include;
· UBE France Trade Mission - Paris, France 2007 & 2008,
· Sub-Contractors Conference Birmingham, UK 2008,
· Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) Houston Texas, USA 2008,
· Offshore Europe - Abedeen UK 2009,
· Ube France/Pollutec Horizons Trade Mission- Paris, France 2009,
· Gama Conference (For Consulting Engineers) - Mombasa, Kenya 2010,
· FIDIC Conference (Inter. Consulting Engineers) - New Delhi, India 2010,
· GAMA Conference (For Consulting Engineers) - Livinstone, Zambia 2012.
· Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) Houston Texas, USA 2013,
· FIDIC Centenary Conference (Consulting Engineers) -Barcelona, Spain 2013,
· FIDIC Conference (Inter. Consulting Engineers) - Dubai, UAE 2015.
Engr. George C. Okoroma is happily married and blessed with children and some of them are professional in their own rights in various disciplines.